AsiaBell Brings Mobile WiMAX services to Central Kazakhstan with Cisco Technology
KARAGANDA, Kazakhstan - February 9, 2009 - Cisco today announced that AsiaBell launched its broadband Mobile WiMAX service in central Kazakhstan, based on Cisco's comprehensive Broadband Wireless Solution.
Facts / Highlights:
- The service is offered under the brand "AERO" and is targeting an area with a population of 1 million people, including business as well as residential customers.
- Citizens and companies in the Karaganda region can now enjoy the benefits of mobile Internet, be it for business, education, health care, entertainment or e-government services.
- For the rollout of the service, AsiaBell chose Cisco's end-to-end Broadband Wireless Solution, including an Internet Protocol IP Multiprotocol Label Switching (IP/MPLS) network core, which was integrated with the public switched telephone network (PSTN).
- The solution incorporates the Cisco BWX 8300 Series Broadband Wireless Access System with Cisco® 7604 Routers, Cisco ME 6500 Series Ethernet Switches and Cisco Catalyst® ME 3750 Switches, Cisco AS5350XM Universal gateways, and Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances. AsiaBell also offers subscribers Cisco modems for use with desktop and portable computers.
- The Cisco BWX 8305 base stations provide Mobile WiMAX (1) access services using innovative adaptive beamforming technologies that are designed to deliver excellent coverage and indoor penetration even in difficult conditions. Cisco's advanced beamforming technologies enable AsiaBell to deliver the desired coverage and capacity with fewer cell sites.
1 based on IEEE 802.16e-2005
- Stepan Vadyunin, CEO of AsiaBell
- Massimo Migliuolo, vice president, Cisco Emerging Markets
"We are pleased to announce the first Mobile WiMAX offering in the Karaganda region. AERO is a convenient service for our customers, as it allows them easy, highly secure and cost efficient broadband access. In addition, we are also offering virtual private network and voice services. Cisco's Mobile WiMAX solution, including the WiMAX Forum certified base stations, enable us reliable indoor and outdoor coverage, which is essential for the roll-out of the service. So, mobile Internet is becoming a reality for small and medium-sized businesses and residents in the region. In 2009, we plan to expand AERO further across several regions of Kazakhstan and add video to our offering."
"Cisco is seeing enormous demand for broadband availability across emerging markets. This is driving significant interest in WiMAX, as it can be deployed rapidly and is IP compatible. Countries and service providers want to leapfrog and install networks which are fast and are able to support rich media applications and services. A transformation to next generation networks using WiMAX technology can achieve this."
- Read more about Cisco Broadband Wireless solution
- Visit WiMAX forum to read more about Cisco's certified WiMAX solutions
- Subscribe to Cisco's RSS Feed
Tags: Cisco, WiMAX
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
AsiaBell is a private service provider in Kazakhstan, offering telecom and Internet services to other service providers, commercial companies and individuals. AsiaBell's portfolio includes traditional communication services like local, long distance and international toll, ATM and dedicated lines. The largest part of its portfolio consists of state-of-the-art services such as Internet access, VPN, Triple Play networks, hosted services and operator for operators.
About Cisco Systems
Cisco, (NASDAQ: CSCO), is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com. Cisco equipment in Europe is supplied by Cisco Systems International BV, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cisco Systems, Inc.
Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco Systems, and Catalyst are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
Most Recent NewsCisco's New Extended Care Solution to Enable Patient Engagement and Care Team Collaboration at Any Time and From Anywhere
Today, 06:00 AM
Cisco Updates CCIE Routing and Switching Certification and Provides Expert-Level Training to Meet Changing Industry Job Roles and Business Requirement
Cisco Announces Upcoming Events with the Financial Community