Cisco Announces The Consumer Channel Network
Consumer Channel Initiative Provides New Resources and Tools to Home Networking Resellers
LAS VEGAS - January 7, 2009 - Cisco® today announced a new channel initiative in the United States and Canada, specifically developed for resellers that cater to customers in the home and small office/home office (SOHO) market space. The Cisco Consumer Channel Network (Cisco CCN) is part of Cisco's award-winning Channel Partner Program and will provide resellers with resources, tools and training for selling the Linksys by Cisco product line of Connected Home Products.
- Cisco Consumer Business Group is launching Cisco Consumer Channel Network, a consumer channel initiative designed specifically to provide resellers with resources, tools and training when selling Linksys by Cisco home networking solutions including wireless routers, network storage, networked entertainment solutions, internet cameras, adapters, home network management software and more.
- At launch, the Consumer Channel Network will offer the following resources:
- Products and Product Utilities
- Programs and Promotions
- Tech Support
- Sales Tools
- Marketing Resources
- PR Assistance
- CCN Registered Partner Logo
- More than 60,000 channel partners globally participate in the Cisco Channel Partner Program. To join the Cisco CCN, resellers can access the new Linksys by Cisco website:
- US/Canada: www.linksysbycisco.com/partners
Additional resources and tools will be rolled out as they become available.
- Bob Gregerson, Vice President, North American Sales
"We have found that resellers want channel initiatives specifically tailored to consumer products. Our partners are asking for the training, sales and marketing tools to enhance their business for their home based office clients, high tech home customers and very small business owners with about five employees. The Cisco Consumer Channel Network is in its first phase and we'll be bringing additional features and offerings over the coming year."
- Cisco Consumer Channel Network can be found at www.linksysbycisco.com/partners
- Read Cisco's news feature on the media-enabled home.
- Learn more about consumer products for a media-enabled home at www.linksysbycisco.com and www.linksysbycisco.com/forums.
- Become a fan of Cisco "Digital Cribs" and "LinksysbyCisco" and invite your friends to join the conversation.
- The Cisco CES press conference will take place from 1:00-1:45 p.m. PST at the Las Vegas Venetian Hotel, Venetian Titian Room #2206. Press, analysts and bloggers at CES are invited to attend. Contacts not at the show can attend via a live webcast accessible on Cisco's CES 2009 Web site.
- Cisco Consumer Channel Network logo
Technorati Tags: Cisco, Linksys by Cisco, Consumer, VAR, Resellers, Channel Partner, CES.
About Cisco Systems
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Cisco's vision for the consumer is to enable people to live a connected life that is more personal, more social, and more visual. More information about Cisco and its line of consumer products can be found at www.linksysbycisco.com and www.cisco.com/consumer.# # #
Cisco, the Cisco logo, Linksys by Cisco and Cisco Systems are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.