Cisco Invites Consumers to Enter the 'Digital Cribs: Heaven or Hell' Video Contest for an Opportunity to Win US$10,000
Date: October 28, 2008
- Today, Cisco announced the "Digital Cribs: Heaven or Hell" video contest to find the coolest uses of personal technology and home networks as well as the most frustrating stories of technology gone awry. The contest is part of Cisco's "Digital Cribs" Web series, which demystifies the home network and inspires conversations about how consumer technology and the network contribute to a digitally enhanced lifestyle.
- Participants 18 years or older are invited to enter a three-minute video explaining why their home network is a technology "heaven" or "hell" for an opportunity to win US$10,000.
- Participants living in digital "heaven" can showcase the interesting and unique uses of consumer technology and their home network. Those living in digital "hell" can show the home technology experiences where devices do not connect or communicate with ease, wires abound and media are not easily shared throughout the home.
- Two Grand Prize winners will each receive US$10,000. There will be a winner for the best "Heaven" submission and a winner for the best "Hell" submission. Ten finalists will receive $500 gift cards.
- Participants can enter the contest online through Nov. 26, 2008.
- Video submissions will be posted on the contest Website at digitalcribs.com for the public to view and rate from Oct. 28 through Dec. 5, 2008. Winners will be determined by the number of views, average rating and a panel of judges from Cisco. The earlier videos are received, the greater the number of possible views and votes. Winners will be announced on Dec. 8, 2008.
- Cisco's "Digital Cribs" Web series takes viewers inside the homes of Internet, entertainment and sports enthusiasts to reveal the interesting ways they are using consumer technology.
- Each three-minute episode of "Digital Cribs" explores the stars' connected-life experiences at home and in their day-to-day activities. Cisco's "Digital Cribs" Web site also includes several extra episodes as well as a chance for visitors to interact with the enthusiasts' "cribs" and get more details on specific experiences.
- Episodes available online offer an inside look at the homes of NBA basketball star Shane Battier of the Houston Rockets, NonSociety video blogger Meghan Asha and video artist Lincoln Schatz.
- Visit www.DigitalCribs.com to enter the "Heaven or Hell" contest and to check out the latest "Digital Cribs" webisodes.
- For contest terms and conditions, please visit: http://www.cisco.com/web/consumer/heaven_or_hell/terms.html
Cisco, Cisco Consumer, "Digital Cribs," "Heaven or Hell," heaven, hell, connected life, video, video contest, human network, home network, consumer technology, Shane Battier, Meghan Asha, Lincoln Schatz, digital life, visual networking, webisodes, video sharing
- Learn how to enter the "Digital Cribs: Heaven or Hell" video contest
- DigItAll Consumer Blog Post: ENTER THE 'DIGITAL CRIBS: HEAVEN OR HELL' VIDEO CONTEST TO WIN US$10,000
- Follow DigItAll Consumer on Twitter
- Check out the Cisco Web series, "Digital Cribs"
- Follow "Digital Cribs" on Twitter
- Catch excerpts of "Digital Cribs" on You Tube
- Become a fan of Digital Cribs on Facebook
- Read more on the DigItAll Consumer Blog and Cisco Consumer Web sites
- Subscribe to Cisco's RSS Feed
- Ken Wirt, vice president, Consumer Marketing, Cisco
"Based on the popularity of 'Digital Cribs' to date, we expect a growing number of online viewers will find inspiration in the webisodes and learn about new ways that they can access digital content throughout their homes. The 'Heaven or Hell' contest is a way for consumers around the world to participate in 'Digital Cribs' and fuel additional conversations by showing us how hooked-up or outdated their homes are."
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
Most Recent NewsGoldman Sachs and Cisco to Host Conference Call on Cisco's Cloud Computing Strategy
Today, 11:00 AM
Chinese Cable Operator Zhejiang Wasu Taps Cisco for 100 Gigabit Backbone
Today, 05:00 AM
Media Alert: Cisco to Webcast Annual Visual Networking Index (VNI) Global IP Traffic Forecast 2012-2017 Results
Today, 05:00 AM