Cisco and Scientific Atlanta Showcase Comprehensive "Connected Life - Delivered Together" Innovations at SCTE Cable-Tec EXPO 2007
SAN JOSE, Calif., and ATLANTA - June 13, 2007 - As consumer demand increases for an ever-expanding Connected Life, Cisco and Scientific Atlanta will showcase the products, solutions, applications and expertise to help cable operators capitalize on this growing demand at the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) Cable-Tec EXPO 2007 in Orlando, Fla. next week. The comprehensive portfolio of Connected Life innovations aims to help cable operators make the transition from service providers to experience providers.
"Consumers are actively seeking a more feature-rich Connected Life for their entertainment, information and communications," said Dwight Duke, corporate senior vice president and president, Transmission Network Systems at Scientific Atlanta, a Cisco company. "Cisco and Scientific Atlanta have the skill and scale to help cable operators harness flexible bandwidth enhancement technologies to launch Switched Digital Video service, use MPEG-4 AVC to maximize existing bandwidth performance and step up to a 1GHz platform to meet increasing bandwidth needs, all designed to help them deliver more content than ever before."
At the Cisco and Scientific Atlanta booth, products and solutions on display include:
- New Cisco® RF Gateway (RFGW) Series of Universal Edge QAM (U-EQAM) products that accelerate the deployment and ease the management of digital video and DOCSIS® services.
- New open-architecture Switched Digital Video (SDV) platform that operators have been asking for, complemented by powerful SDV readiness and deployment solutions.
- New Cisco ServiceMesh solution for cable operators offering a cost-effective, secure system for deployment of municipal outdoor Wi-Fi networks built on the Cisco IP Next Generation Network (IP NGN) architecture.
- The Connected Home featuring OpenCable Applications Platform (OCAPTM)-ready set-tops with Multi-Stream CableCARDTM functionality.
- Modular DOCSIS® 3.0 Downstream Three-Channel and Eight-Channel Bonding technology capable of delivering 100 Mbps and 300 Mbps downstream speeds.
- New revenue opportunities for cable operators, such as addressable advertising, commercial services, cellular backhaul, and a Cisco® Content Delivery System (CDS) platform for Video-on-Demand (VOD), Internet streaming and more.
Attendees will be able to participate in the creation of a video for posting on YouTube.com. We'll tape them as they have an exciting time with tongue twisters and rapid-fire challenges, and give them a chance to tell the world about their most interesting experiences delivering the Connected Life This collaborative effort will enable attendees to experience the creative process of video development and become a video "star."
Cisco's and Scientific Atlanta's presence at the show includes sponsoring EXPO Evening at Universal Studios on Wed., June 20, the EXPO Media Center and the CED Pacesetter Awards.
Among the Cisco executives presenting and speaking at SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2007 are:
- Ron Hranac, "Fundamental RF Quality Metrics for Digitally Modulated Signals, Carrier-to-Noise Ratio, Signal-to-Noise Ratio and Modulation Error Ratio, 8 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. (EDT) and 9:30 to 10:45 a.m. (EDT), Thursday, June 21.
- Bill Dry, "VoIP Scalability: Tiger by the Tail. How to Scale VoIP to Best Accommodate Subscriber Growth," 8 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. (EDT) and 9:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. (EDT), Thursday, June 21.
- John Downey, "Monitoring, Capacity Planning and Traffic Engineering: DOCSIS Traffic Engineering 101, 102 and 103, 1:30 p.m. to 2:45 p.m. (EDT), Friday, June 22.
**To arrange an interview or booth visit with Cisco and Scientific Atlanta executives at SCTE Cable-Tec EXPO 2007, contact Kevin Petschow at email@example.com or Sara Stutzenstein at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Cisco Systems
Cisco, (NASDAQ: CSCO), is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
About Scientific Atlanta
Scientific Atlanta, a Cisco company, is a leading supplier of digital-content contribution and distribution systems, transmission networks for broadband access to the home, digital interactive set-tops and subscriber systems designed for video, high-speed Internet and voice-over-IP (VoIP) networks, and worldwide customer service and support. Scientific Atlanta, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cisco Systems, Inc. More information about Scientific Atlanta is available at http://www.scientificatlanta.com.
Scientific Atlanta is a registered trademark of Scientific-Atlanta, Inc. Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco Systems, and the Cisco Systems logo are registered trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners.
Most Recent NewsTechnology Enters the Iditarod Race
Today, 11:50 AM
Cisco Announces Tech Talk Around Mobile Data Traffic Report with Wells Fargo
Today, 05:00 AM
Cisco and RST Fiber Deploy 3K Miles of High-Speed, 100 Gigabit Optical Networks
Today, 05:00 AM