Cisco and Best Practices in Corporate Communications host the first annual 2007 New Media Summit
Who: Cisco® and Best Practices in Corporate Communications (BPCC)
What: Web 2.0 has changed how businesses not only communicate with their customers, partners, and shareholders but also how a company communicates and collaborates with its employees. Communications is fast becoming a competitive advantage for companies to compete on a global basis.
The corporate communications team at Cisco and the organization Best Practices in Corporate Communications (http://www.bpincc.com/) invites you to join a global summit for communications professionals, journalists and bloggers to talk about the impact of new media in business communications.
Join us for a day of interactive discussions, best practice sharing, and expert speakers to learn how you can drive innovation and success using social networking and collaborative tools in your organization.
When: Tuesday, June 5, 2007, from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. PT
Where: To attend live via webcast: http://newsroom.cisco.com/newmediasummit/2007/
9:00-9:45 AM PT Keynote: "The Social Media Explosion,"
Dan Scheinman, SVP and GM, Media Solutions Group, Cisco
9:45-10:45 Measuring the ROI of Social Media
- Jen McClure, Executive Director, Society for New Communications Research, www.SCNR.org
- Katie Paine, President & CEO, KDPaine & Partners, LLC, Katie Paine's PR Measurement Blog
- Adam Brown, Director of Digital Communications, The Coca-Cola Company, Watch Adam's interview at Ketchum
- Jeremiah Owyang, Director of Corporate Media Strategy, PodTech.net, Web Strategy Blog
10:45-11:00 Break 11:00-12:00 The Changing Media Landscape: Convergence of Traditional and New Media
- John Earnhardt - Blogger in Chief, Cisco
12:00-1:00 Lunch 1:00-2:00 Internal Collaboration Tools & Strategies:
- Rick Wion, Web Strategy Director, GolinHarris
- William Wohl, Vice President of PTG Communications, SAP AG
- John Slavney, Director of Internal Communications, BP Americas
- Scott Wilder, Group Manager of Intuit Small Business Online Communities
- Terry McKenzie, Senior Director, Global Employee Communications and Communities Organization, Sun Microsystems
2:00-3:00 Communicating in Virtual Worlds
- Christian Renaud, Chief Architect of Virtual Worlds, Cisco
- Achim Muellers, Head of Brand Relations and Cooperations, BMW
- Doug McDavid, Business Architect at the IBM Academy of Technology, IBM
- Reuben Steiger, CEO, Millions of Us, http://www.millionsofus.com/blog/
- Paul Steinberg, Intel Software Network, Intel
About Best Practices in Corporate Communications
Best Practices in Corporate Communications (BPCC) is a member-based service and benchmarking resource for over 50 Fortune 500-level member companies. BPCC provides the opportunity for these companies to exchange best practices relating to communications issues, to benchmark corporate communications practices, and to build corporate communications management and resources.
About Cisco Systems
Cisco, (NASDAQ: CSCO), is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.# # #
Cisco, Cisco Systems, and the Cisco Systems logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.