ITU (International Telecommunications Union)
ITU (International Telecommunications Union)December 4-7, 2006
ITU is the leading United Nations agency for information and communication technology issues, and the global focal point for governments and the private sector in developing networks and services. ITU will host the 10th international Telecommunication Development Symposium (TDS-06) in Hong Kong, China, 5-7 December 2006 as part of ITU TELECOM WORLD 2006. Information and communication technology (ICT) leaders, including up to 180 Fellows from 90 least developed and low-income ITU Member States, will discuss how ICT can help bridge the digital divide and drive growth in their countries. TDS-06 is being organized by ITU with support from Cisco, an exclusive sponsor of the symposium.
Information At a Glance
- ITU hosts Telecommunication Development Symposium for Developing Countries to Explore Next Generation Networks
- Cisco Content Delivery System Enables Delivery of Personalized Digital Video and IPTV Services
- Cisco Announces Industry's First Network-Based, Standards-Based Rapid Channel-Change and Video Error Repair Technology to Enhance IPTV Viewing Experience over IP NGN
- Network Intelligence Innovators Establish Cisco 7600 Series as Leading Carrier Ethernet Service Edge Platform for Quad-Play Services over IP-Next Generation Networks
- Cisco IP NGN Enables End-to-End Digital Video and IPTV Service Delivery for 'Video 2.0'
- First Cisco Carrier Routing Systems Go Live in BT 21st Century Network
- Free Puts Cisco Carrier Routing System at Core of HD IPTV Delivery over its IP Next-Generation Network
- Cisco Pledges $1 Million Investment for ICT Related Micro-Credit Financing in Developing Countries
- Cisco Carrier Routing System Selected by T-Com to Power Growth of IPTV Services
- Mario Maniewicz of ITU's Telecommunication Development Bureau on the Union's Association with Cisco
- Paul Mountford Discusses Cisco's Role in Developing Countries
Emerging Today, Transformed Tomorrow: Paul Mountford, President of Emerging Markets Theatre, discusses how Emerging markets are experiencing the greatest economic shift the world has seen in over a century.
"Living the Digital World" is this year's theme for ITU Telecom World. Held only once every three years, Cisco is honored to participate in this premier global showcase of the technologies and solutions shaping the telecommunications industry. This Cisco ITU blog is to be an open discussion forum where Cisco leaders address key service provider related technology topics and issues. Your interaction is strongly encouraged.
- John Chambers, President and Chief Executive Officer, Biography
- Mike Volpi, Senior Vice President / General Manager, Routing and Service Provider Technology Group, Biography
- Tony Bates, Senior VP/GM, Service Provider Routing Technology Group, Biography
- Carlos Dominguez, Senior Vice President, US Service Providers Sales, Biography
- Jeff Spagnola, Vice President, Service Provider Marketing, Biography
- Laura Ipsen, Vice President, Worldwide Government Affairs, Biography
- Tae Yoo, Vice President, Corporate Affairs, Biography
- - Wilson Craig, Cisco Systems, Inc., (408) 525-2524 email@example.com
- - Mark J. Ferrone, Cisco Systems, Inc., (408) 525-7264 firstname.lastname@example.org
- - JoAnne Hughes, Cisco Systems, Inc., +44 20 8824 0314 email@example.com
- - Terry Alberstein, Cisco Systems, Inc., +61 401 890 381 firstname.lastname@example.org
- - Karen Chu, Cisco Systems, Inc., +852 2588 3292 email@example.com
- - Jonna Senger, Cisco Systems, Inc., +11 45 7312 2269 Jonna.Senger@sciatl.com
- - Carter Cromwell, Cisco Systems, Inc., (650) 521-4259 firstname.lastname@example.org
- - Michal Halama, Cisco Systems, Inc., +44 7798 86 6549 email@example.com
- - Miin Leong, Cisco Systems, Inc., *65 9838 8093 firstname.lastname@example.org